Say hello to Content Brew, an online course where you don’t have to be online at a certain time each day, yet you’ll get loads of instruction from me and interaction with your classmates!
In Content Brew, you’ll learn how to plan & create fresh content ideas for your blog, Facebook and Twitter. You’ll also learn ways to find content to share and tools to make doing all of this easier. At the end of this course, you’ll have anywhere from a month to a quarter’s worth of content planned out for your blog, Facebook page and Twitter (to a more-limited degree), not to mention a process that you’ll use over and over again.
Here’s what we’ll learn each lesson:
- Lesson 1: Prepwork- Content Planning Questionnaire
- Lesson 2: Getting to Know the Content Calendar
- Lesson 3: Planning and Creating Blog Content Ideas (Part 1)
- Lesson 4: Planning and Creating Blog Content Ideas (Part 2)
- Lesson 5: Planning and Creating Content for Facebook and Twitter
- Lesson 6: The Art of Using the Right Words to Drive Traffic
- Lesson 7: Keep Fresh Content Brewing Using Evernote
- Lesson 8: Finding and Keeping Track of Content to Share
- Lesson 9 (Bonus): Easy Automation to Shelve Ideas and Articles for Content Planning
If you noticed, I didn’t say anything about writing content for blog posts. We stick to planning content using a calendar and learning how to both generate ideas and keep track of those ideas. However, we will write content for Facebook and Twitter.
A few awesome things that you’ll learn:
- Exactly why you need a content calendar (hint: it won’t stifle your creativity nor your spontaneity)
- How to customize a calendar for your blog
- Why and how you should include social media in your content planning (we’ll stick with Facebook and Twitter for this course)
- Eight questions to ask yourself for more effective content planning
- What types of posts bring in the best traffic
- Techniques for coming up with an endless supply of content ideas
- 23 Content Generation Prompts for Facebook and Twitter
- Attention-grabbing words and phrases to increase engagement
- Tools to save you time and keep you organized
- And more more more.
How to Know If This Course Is For You
Content Brew is for any level of blogger who wants to wants to nail down the process of using a content calendar AND learn techniques to come up with loads of ideas for blog posts, Facebook posts and tweets.
You’re ready to have a full arsenal of content for your blog, Facebook and Twitter page at your fingertips so you stop wasting time with the dreaded “I don’t know what to write about.” (or what to post on your fan page). I tell you, there’s nothing better than sitting down to write a blog post and already knowing what to write about because it’s on your calendar. Or getting ready for some social media interaction and already having a question ready to post. It’s like your brain already did most of the work ahead of time. Even if you have tons of ideas already but no time to write them, some of the techniques and handouts will help you save time so you can squeeze in some more writing into your life.
Content Brew is also a great alternative to those who can’t travel for blog conferences due to cost or time. Of course, if you go to blog conferences already well this will only deepen your knowledge even further.
The best part about this course is that it’s not just reading, video-watching and downloading pretty handouts. You’ll be DOING stuff. Planning content, learning techniques and getting loads of handouts that you’ll reference long after the course is over.
IMPORTANT: This course is self-paced. This means that there are no scheduled chats nor am I active in the Facebook group. I’ve added FAQs at the end of each lesson based on questions from the past sessions so hopefully I have nearly all of your questions covered.
What You’ll Get
During the course, you’ll receive lots of goodies:
- 2013-2014 content calendar template (spreadsheet format)
- Nine written lessons, with each lesson having a video, handout or both
- A total of six handouts which won’t be a regurgitation of the lessons but rather idea guides that’ll give you an endless flow of ideas (ex. 30 Fill in the Blank blog post ideas with examples for each one)
- Interaction with other students in a private Facebook group
- Interaction on Twitter with the #contentbrew hashtag
- Forever access to the course!*
*Forever means as long as I have this blog but I guarantee at least 1 year. Don’t worry- I’m not going anywhere anytime soon.
What You Need to Take the Course
In order to take the course, you’ll need a few things (and none cost a dime!):
- A blog or website (EASY!)
- A program to open a spreadsheet (Google Drive, Excel, Numbers, OpenOffice)
- Colored markers and paper (yes, you’ll go old-school for one assignment!)
- A Facebook page and/or Twitter account (we’ll be planning content for these platforms)- you will need a Facebook personal profile to access the private group
How the Course Will Work
I KNOW it’s tough to be online at a certain time, which is why this course doesn’t require it. Once you purchase the course, you get access to ALL the lessons at once. Take two at a time or do one a week. It’s up to you! Each lesson has a homework assignment so you’ll actually accomplish something in this class too rather than just add to your to-do list.
Don’t worry about signing up and then life getting in the way. Remember you have access to this course for as long as I have this blog! (That means you have plenty of time!)